The domain of Hemlock Time had its anniversary last July. I decided to make a book to celebrate the milestone of my writing career. The past year was the entry point for consistent blogging and the leap from ideation to creation since I began drafting my novel. Before I took on the mission, I asked myself this question, “How can I complete a book in a short amount of time?” Here’s how.
What is the product?
The first step was to specify what kind of book I must have by the end of the project.
- A retrospective book to represent the past year
- A self-published digital book that will be available for free and must be released not that far from the anniversary date
- The book will only be available in PDF format, not in EPUB and MOBI (this choice was due to time-constraint)
What do I need to make the product?
The next step was to list down the content and the tools I needed in building the project.
- Since it was going to be a retrospective book, I must choose blog posts from the past year.
- To make the digital book, I needed a software.
- To add visuals for the book, I needed graphics.